I have been using Kasperskyâ€™s Internet Security 2009 for a few days now; it is one of the most comprehensive antivirus and firewall packages I have ever used. Here are few of its features:
* Protects from all types of malware and spyware
* Scans files, email messages and Internet traffic
* Protects instant messengers (ICQ, MSN)
* Updates automatically
* Two-way personal firewall
* Safe Wi-Fi and VPN connections. New!
* Intrusion prevention system
* Intelligent application management and control. New!
* Proactive protection from unknown threats
* Scans OS and applications for vulnerabilities. New!
* Disables links to malware sites. New!
Identity Theft Protection
* Disables links to phishing websites
* Virtual keyboard for safe entry of logins and passwords. New!
* Prevents theft of data via secure connections (HTTPS / SSL). New!
* Blocks unauthorized dial-up connections
* Parental control
* Antispam protection
One of the biggest headache I used to face earlier was spam emails on my self hosted email accounts, and due to this, I used to spend quite bit of my precious time deleting spam. However Kasperskyâ€™s Anti Spam filter is able to filter out most if not all spam messages, those that do make it through, only do once as I just have to mark them as spam once and from then on, Kaspersky takes care of the rest.
So far it has also managed to detect all the viruses which got to my email accounts and have successfully managed to clean them out.
The only downside is web browsing speed has slowed down to a certain extent, especially while visiting a website for the first time. While it is better to be safe then sorry, I just wish it was slightly faster in processing web pages, so that the speed difference wouldnâ€™t have been apparent.
Biggest plus point is the small price one has to pay to buy Kasperskyâ€™s Internet Security 2009, I bought mine from Ebay India for Rs. 575 (US$ 11.50) including shipping. And this was for a 3 user license with one year free updates! At this price point, it just doesnâ€™t make sense to use free or pirated antivirus software and risk your computer and data.