After a gap of couple of years, I have finally decided to start weight training again and regain the muscles and strength I had lost over time and also lose the weight I had gained during the same time!
While I wouldn’t be joining a gym just yet, thankfully all my earlier weight training equipment (weights, barbell and adjustable dumbbells) are still in good state and were all too glad to see the light of day! 😛
Since I am returning to weight training after quite bit of time, I will be taking it slow initially and performing only basic exercises that too couple of times a week. Of course this would change overtime, as my body acclimatizes to weight training.
So here is the list of exercises I have started doing and I am performing three sets each of these:
1. Dumbbell bench press (Chest)
2. Bent over dumbbell row (Upper back)
3. Standing dumbbell shoulder press (shoulders)
4. Front lateral raise (shoulders)
5. Dumbbell shrugs (traps)
6. Standing bent over one arm dumbbell triceps extension (triceps)
7. Dumbbell alternate bicep curl (biceps)
8. Alternate hammer curl (biceps)
9. Dumbbell wrist curls (forearms)
10. Crunches (abs)
11. Dumbbell side bends (abs)
12. Squats (legs)
13. Calf raise with dumbbells (calf)
14. Stiff leg barbell good morning (lower back)
Now I know the list looks a tad too long for a beginner’s exercise routine, but it didn’t take more than an hour to perform and I wasn’t too tired after the workout either, so I guess I will go ahead with this routine and see how it goes, before including more exercises and sets into the regime.
Best of luck buddy. I want to get back to the same!
Tell you what, I’m gonna sign off right now and start it from tomorrow morning.
Thanks DeeJay and all the best.
I hope you are continuing with the exercise regime you had started with, last month. The toughest thing is to continue that with regularity.
Well I haven’t been truly sticking to the regime, but I have been working out, once a week.